Support Workers - Casual Positions - supporting individuals with complex behaviours - Western Sydney, NSW
Western Sydney, NSW
- Supporting people to achieve their goals
- Multiple casual positions available
- Salary range between $23 & $26 per hour (depending on qualification & experience) + applicable casual loading + superannuation
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Across Western Sydney, NSW - Liverpool, Penrith, Campbelltown & Blacktown
What we do: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest national specialist autism provider, delivering services to people within NSW, ACT, Victoria and SA. Aspect provides a range of centre and community based services, focussing on education, early intervention, skills development, community engagement, and self-directed options for people on the autism spectrum.
Choose & Connect - Aspect's community based & individualised services for people with autism & other disabilities. The focus is on the development of individual programs based on the specific interests, wants & needs of each participant.
About this role: You will provide direct support to individuals with on the autism spectrum & with other intellectual disabilities assisting them to achieve their personal goals & aspirations through centre & community based activities. This may include activities out of business hours.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement strategies & directions identified through personal plans
- Provide direct support to individuals with a disability to achieve their goals, develop skills & broaden their experiences & quality of life
- Complete online client management reports & other administration tasks related to user profile & programs
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Certificate III in Disability Services desirable or other qualification or experience in the area of disability services
- Proactive approach in supporting individuals with a disability
- Experience working with people with complex support needs
- Experience in person centred planning & approaches
- Experience supporting people within a positive behaviour support context
- Strong teamwork focus
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Computer skills including intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Unrestricted Driver’s Licence & use of own vehicle for business purposes - essential
- First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
A police check is a requirement. Aspect will arrange this.
What we offer: These roles are covered by the Federal Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award & are classified at Level 2. We focus on providing a positive work & learning environment for staff. We focus on providing a positive work & learning environment for staff. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including up to $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay
For more information: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
To Apply: Please attach your resume & cover letter & complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process.
Please submit applications as soon as possible.
Click here to view the Position Profile.
Enquiries should be directed to: Andres Novoa, Regional Coordinator on 0466 460 037.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: If you have a profile with Seek, you may prefer to click the “Apply with Seek” button below. This will automatically pre-fill your personal details and attach your resume from Seek. To complete your application you must also answer the questions below.