Employment Mentor - Aspect Capable - Frenchs Forest, NSW
- Employment support for adults on the autism spectrum
- Casual position, potential for up to 3 days per week
- Approx. $24.89 per hour + applicable casual loading + superannuation
- Excellent tax-effective salary packaging benefits
- Based in Frenchs Forest, NSW
About Aspect: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest national specialist autism provider, delivering services to people within NSW, ACT, Victoria and SA. Aspect provides a range of centre and community based services, focussing on education, early intervention, skills development, community engagement and self-directed options for people on the autism spectrum.
About Aspect Capable: Aspect Capable Mentoring Program offers guidance and advice to assist adults on the spectrum move into the world of work with ease and confidence. Our Employment Mentors are experienced in offering specialist employment support, so we understand individuals unique strengths and the barriers faced when making the transition into employment. We work with people to uncover their untapped capabilities to fulfil their potential in the workplace and find meaningful employment
About the role: Provide meaningful employment support to people on the autism spectrum by identifying and working towards employment goals, implementing action plans and supporting individuals in working towards milestones and develop skills to find and maintain meaningful open employment. Work with employers to raise awareness of the positive contribution people on the autism spectrum can make to the workplace and to build strong connections within the community to build awareness and create opportunities for people on the spectrum.
- Promote positive understanding of autism
- Actively apply strengths-based principals & strategies to help participants prepare for & find meaningful employment
- Build & maintain trustworthy, consistent & positive relationships with participants
- Proactively support & communicate with participants outside of sessions
- Coordinate meetings with participants on a regular schedule that complies with each participant’s individual requirements
- Maintain communication between participant, Aspect Capable Employment Coordinator, parents, health professionals & other interested parties
- Update & maintain documentation & records on Carelink database as required to enable superior program delivery
- To build the service by raising awareness of the program, tapping into the community and different organisations
- To nurture current relationships with stakeholders ensuring to meet targets/requirements
Skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated knowledge of autism
- Tertiary qualification in Welfare, Social Science or Disability Studies or similar (preferred but not essential)
- Certificate IV Employment Services an advantage, but not essential
- Demonstrated understanding & commitment to working with people who have a disability
- Proven ability to build rapport & maintain effective relationships with job seekers towards gaining & maintaining sustainable employment opportunities.
- Ability to manage time & workloads effectively
- Ability to identify and provide solutions to meet the needs of job seekers in overcoming barriers to employment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with strong verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working independently & autonomously
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s Licence valid in Australia & use of own vehicle for business purposes - desirable
- Current NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
A police check is a requirement. Aspect will arrange this.
What we offer: A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications & experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To Apply: Please attach your resume & complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Click here to view the Position Profile.
Please submit applications as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Victoria Houchin, Employment Coordinator, Aspect Capable on 0403 945 079.
For more information: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: If you have a profile with Seek, you may prefer to click the “Apply with Seek” button below. This will automatically pre-fill your personal details and attach your resume from Seek. To complete your application you must also answer the questions below.