Autism Advisor - Frenchs Forest, NSW
Frenchs Forest, NSW
- Full time maximum term contract (parental leave cover) to June 2019 - part time may be considered
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based in Frenchs Forest, NSW– some travel required
What We Do: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest national specialist autism provider, delivering services to people within NSW, ACT, Victoria and SA. Aspect provides a range of centre and community based services, focussing on education, early intervention, skills development, community engagement, and self-directed options for people on the autism spectrum.
About the position: This position is focused on assisting families in the post diagnosis stage to gain access to autism spectrum specific services & other services through face-to-face & telephone support.
- Provide families with information about local services, programs, workshops & support groups
- Assist families to gain access to available funding
- Ensure families & carers understand the diagnosis
- Provide information about the types of interventions for children on the spectrum
- Engage with parents, community groups, services & agencies
- Engage with families in group & individual settings
- Assist families from Culturally & Linguistically Diverse communities access culturally appropriate services
- Assist families from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island backgrounds access culturally appropriate support.
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Community Development, Education, Social Work, Psychology, Behavioural, Health, Social Science or related disciplines
- Experience working in the disability sector and/or experience of working with families or children with a disability or on the spectrum
- An understanding of the support needs of families & carers who have children on the spectrum
- A high level of computer literacy
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Current NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
- Capacity to work flexible hours & travel within NSW & interstate as required
This position also requires a Police Check, which Aspect will arrange.
What we offer: A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications & experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To Apply: Please include your resume & complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Please attach a cover letter.
Please submit applications as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Shauna Whiteford, Coordinator, Autism Advisor Program on 02 8977 8358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.