Support Workers - supporting individuals on the autism spectrum - Marrickville & Hurstville, NSW
Marrickville & Hurstville, NSW
- Multiple permanent, part time positions available
- Morning, afternoon, evening, night, evening & weekend shifts
- Approx. $24 to $27 per hour (depending on qualification & experience) + superannuation
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based in Marrickville & Hurstville, NSW
What We Do: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest national specialist autism provider, delivering services to people within NSW, ACT, Victoria and SA. Aspect provides a range of centre and community based services, focussing on education, early intervention, skills development, community engagement, and self-directed options for people on the autism spectrum.
Choose & Connect: Aspect's community based & individualised services for people on the autism spectrum & their faimiles. The focus is on the development of individual programs based on the specific interests, wants & needs of each participant.
About this role: You will provide direct support to individuals on the spectrum & with other intellectual disabilities, assisting them to achieve their personal goals & aspirations through centre & community based activities. This may include activities out of business hours.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement strategies & directions identified through personal plans
- Provide direct support to individuals with a disability to achieve their goals, develop skills & broaden their experiences & quality of life
- Complete online client management reports & other administration tasks related to user profile & programs
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Certificate III in Disability Services desirable or other qualification or experience in the area of disability services
- Proactive approach in supporting individuals with a disability
- Experience working with people with complex support needs
- Experience in person centred planning & approaches
- Experience supporting people within a positive behaviour support context
- Strong teamwork focus
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Computer skills including intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Driver’s Licence valid in Australia & use of own vehicle for business purposes - desirable
- Current NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
A police check is a requirement. Aspect will arrange this.
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. These roles are covered by the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award & are classified at Level 2, depending on qualifications & experience. We focus on providing a positive work & learning environment for staff. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To Apply: Please attach your resume & complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
To be considered for this role you will be required to attend a group assessment day to be held at our Marrickville site on the 2nd of August 2018. Please indicate if you can attend in the questionnaire below. If you can attend you will be contacted to confirm your attendance.
Please submit applications as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Matthew Oastler, Regional Coordinator on 0466 535 926.
For more information about Aspect go to: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.