Support Workers - supporting individuals on the autism spectrum - North Ryde & Northern Sydney region, NSW
North Ryde, NSW
- Multiple permanent, part time positions available
- 30 hours per week, morning/afternoon/evening/weekend shifts
- Competitive remuneration, depending on qualifications & experience
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based in North Ryde & the Northern Sydney region of NSW
What We Do: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest national specialist autism provider, delivering services to people within NSW, ACT, Victoria and SA. Aspect provides a range of centre and community based services, focussing on education, early intervention, skills development, community engagement, and self-directed options for people on the autism spectrum.
Choose & Connect: Aspect's community based & individualised services for people on the autism spectrum & their faimiles. The focus is on the development of individual programs based on the specific interests, wants & needs of each participant.
About this role: You will provide direct support to individuals on the spectrum & with other intellectual disabilities, assisting them to achieve their personal goals & aspirations through centre & community based activities. This may include activities out of business hours.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement strategies & directions identified through personal plans
- Provide direct support to individuals with a disability to achieve their goals, develop skills & broaden their experiences & quality of life
- Complete online client management reports & other administration tasks related to user profile & programs
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Certificate III in Disability Services desirable or other qualification or experience in the area of disability services
- Proactive approach in supporting individuals with a disability
- Experience working with people with complex support needs
- Experience in person centred planning & approaches
- Experience supporting people within a positive behaviour support context
- Strong teamwork focus
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Computer skills including intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Driver’s Licence valid in Australia & use of own vehicle for business purposes - desirable
- Current NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. These roles are covered by the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award & are classified at Level 2, depending on qualifications & experience. We focus on providing a positive work & learning environment for staff. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To Apply: Please attach your resume & complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Please submit applications as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Alana Kelly, Regional Coordinator on 0407 645 888.
For more information about Aspect go to: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia's largest service provider for people on the autism spectrum. Our specialised, evidence informed schools program is one of the largest in the world, with additional services that include information and advice, diagnostic assessments, behaviour support, parent and family support, and adult programs. We share evidence-informed Aspect practice and applied research nationwide.
Our goal is to develop excellence in evidence-informed and evidence-based practice across Aspect through establishing an organisation wide approach with the continual focus on translating the latest research to practice to achieve Aspect's vision. The Aspect Comprehensive Approach (ACA) draws on elements from our approach in Aspect Education and Autism Initiatives (UK) Five Point Star and is applied across Aspect's National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services and Aspect Education.
Meet Fiona Dignan
Principal, Aspect Vern Barnett School
Meet Matthew Oastler
Regional Coordinator, Aspect Choose and Connect
Meet Emma Bracken
Occupational Therapist, Aspect Therapy,