Special Education Principal - Aspect Riverina School - world leading Autism specific school, Albury, NSW
- Exciting leadership opportunity
- Australia's largest national provider of autism-specific educational services
- Commencing Term 1, 2019
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based at Aspect Riverina School, Albury, NSW with sites across the region
- Long established school with strong community connections
Aspect's School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia's largest national provider of autism-specific educational services. Aspect caters for over 1100 students in a network of 9 schools across metro and regional NSW and South Australia, with more than 100 classes in hosted on the grounds of a less specialised school.
About the School: Aspect Riverina School provides placement for over 100 children on the autism spectrum from ages 4 to 17 from Albury, as well as from 3 satellite classes within the Catholic and Department of Education schools in Albury and Wagga Wagga.
About the role: You will lead a skilled, professional team to achieve positive outcomes for children on the autism spectrum by working collaboratively with families, specialist staff in Aspect and other education service providers.
- Provide expert educational leadership for a multi-site school community and educational outreach
- Promote Aspect's vision, mission abd values and uphold Aspect's family focused and person centred approaches
- Actively contribute to the professional growth and development of Aspect’s education services
- Lead and develop the team of Coordinators, Teachers and Teacher's Aides
- Work with Aspect Therapy to provide Psychology, Speech Pathology and Occupational Therapy services
- Support and implement Aspect's Strategic Plan and achieve KPIs
- Work with Aspect's Fundraising team and Parents and Friends group
- Deliver quality teaching and learning programs and comply with relevant legislation
- Promote the school and needs of people with on the autism spectrum and liaise with government, other service providers and the wider community
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Recognised tertiary teacher qualifications and registration with NESA
- Special Education, educational leadership and/or disability qualifications desirable at a Masters level
- Professional experience working with students on the autism spectrum or of intellectual disability
- Experience in successfully managing teams in the education sector including multi-disciplinary teams (special education services preferred)
- Proven ability to work with government and/or the corporate sector to secure funding
- Proven ability to financially manage a school
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead organisational excellence and cultural improvement
- Adherence to the 5 principles of professional practice as set out in the Australian Professional Standards for Principals
- NSW Working With Children Check clearance for paid employment
- A current driver's licence, (a Light Rigid (LR) driver's licence is desirable) and use of own vehicle for business purposes
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: Remuneration packages for Aspect Principals are based on student numbers of the school. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To Apply: Please attach your cover letter and resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 16th November 2018.
Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Elizabeth Gadek, National Director, Aspect Education on 0425 291 469.
For more information visit: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia's largest service provider for people on the autism spectrum. Our specialised, evidence informed schools program is one of the largest in the world, with additional services that include information and advice, diagnostic assessments, behaviour support, parent and family support, and adult programs. We share evidence-informed Aspect practice and applied research nationwide.
Our goal is to develop excellence in evidence-informed and evidence-based practice across Aspect through establishing an organisation wide approach with the continual focus on translating the latest research to practice to achieve Aspect's vision. The Aspect Comprehensive Approach (ACA) draws on elements from our approach in Aspect Education and Autism Initiatives (UK) Five Point Star and is applied across Aspect's National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services and Aspect Education.
Meet Fiona Dignan
Principal, Aspect Vern Barnett School
Meet Matthew Oastler
Regional Coordinator, Aspect Choose and Connect
Meet Emma Bracken
Occupational Therapist, Aspect Therapy,