Coordinator - Employment Services (NSW/VIC)
- Employment support for adults on the autism spectrum
- Permanent, full time role
- Excellent tax-effective salary packaging benefits
- Based in Sydney, NSW
About Aspect: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest national specialist autism provider, delivering services to people within NSW, ACT, Victoria and South Australia. Aspect provides a range of centre and community based services, focussing on education, early intervention, skills development, community engagement and self-directed options for people on the autism spectrum.
About Aspect Capable: Aspect Capable Mentoring Program offers guidance and advice to assist adults on the spectrum move into the world of work with ease and confidence. Our Employment Mentors are experienced in offering specialist employment support, so we understand individuals unique strengths and the barriers faced when making the transition into employment. We work with people to uncover their untapped capabilities to fulfill their potential in the workplace and find meaningful employment
About the role: You will be required to coordinate job seekers on the autism spectrum into skilled employment opportunities. Using your strong relationship skills, you will also develop new & build on existing productive networks & relationships with employers, client groups & other service agencies.
- Maintain & build on Aspect’s existing employment services within NSW and VIC
- Oversee the coordination of services provided by Aspect Capable
- Provide supervision & support to the Aspect Capable team
- Ensure Employment Mentors actively respond to individual needs & wants using person centered & human rights based approaches
- Maintain productive relationships with job seekers, referral agencies & employers to develop referral base
- Apply & maintain tailored employment pathway plans in conjunction with job seekers
- Provide pre-employment assistance through vocational mentoring, workshops, job search skills & work trials/work experience
- Answer enquiries in a timely & efficient manner, ensuring to provide all adequate information to families and/or people on the autism spectrum
Skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated knowledge of autism
- Tertiary qualification in in Welfare, Social Science or Disability Studies or similar - preferred
- Certificate IV Employment Services - advantage
- Experience in Disability Employment Service, Demonstrated experience in working with a range of disabilities – preferred but not essential
- Several years’ experience in working within the disability service area or job placement support - desirable
- Experience or understanding of the disability field & barriers to employment experienced by people with disabilities
- Proven ability to place clients into employment & to maintain sustainable employment outcomes - desirable
- Proven ability to build rapport & maintain effective relationships with job seekers, peers & relevant agencies/key stakeholders
- Ability to manage time and workloads effectively to business priorities in a challenging environment
- Strong direct marketing & negotiating skills
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s Licence valid in Australia & use of own vehicle for business purposes - desirable
- Ability to travel interstate - desirable
- Current NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
You will require a clearance as part of the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) and a National Police Check clearance, Aspect will arrange both of these. You may also be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications & experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
Click here to view the Position Profile.
To Apply: Please attach your resume & complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Please submit applications as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Melissa Webster, National Manager Aspect Choose & Connect on 0425 859 094.
For more information: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia's largest service provider for people on the autism spectrum. Our specialised, evidence informed schools program is one of the largest in the world, with additional services that include information and advice, diagnostic assessments, behaviour support, parent and family support, and adult programs. We share evidence-informed Aspect practice and applied research nationwide.
Our goal is to develop excellence in evidence-informed and evidence-based practice across Aspect through establishing an organisation wide approach with the continual focus on translating the latest research to practice to achieve Aspect's vision. The Aspect Comprehensive Approach (ACA) draws on elements from our approach in Aspect Education and Autism Initiatives (UK) Five Point Star and is applied across Aspect's National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services and Aspect Education.
Meet Fiona Dignan
Principal, Aspect Vern Barnett School
Meet Matthew Oastler
Regional Coordinator, Aspect Choose and Connect
Meet Emma Bracken
Occupational Therapist, Aspect Therapy,