Support Workers - supporting individuals on the autism spectrum - Marrickville, NSW
- Permanent, part time position available
- Two days a week - Wednesday and Friday 9am to 3pm
- Based at our community hub at Marrickville, NSW
About Aspect Choose and Connect: Community based and individualised services for people on the autism spectrum and their families. The focus is on the development of individual programs based on the specific interests, wants and needs of each individual.
About this role: You will provide direct support to individuals on the autism spectrum, assisting them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations through centre and community based activities. This may include activities out of business hours. Click here to view the Position Profile.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement strategies and directions identified through personal plans
- Provide direct support to individuals on the autism spectrum to achieve their goals, develop skills and broaden their experiences and quality of life
- Complete online client management reports and other administration tasks related to user profile and programs
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Certificate III in Disability Services desirable or other qualification or experience in the area of disability services
- Proactive approach in supporting individuals with a disability
- Experience working with people with complex support needs
- Experience in person centred planning and approaches
- Experience supporting people within a positive behaviour support context
- Strong teamwork focus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills including intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Driver’s Licence valid in Australia and use of own vehicle for business purposes - desirable
- Current NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. These roles are covered by the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHADS) and are classified at Level 2, depending on qualifications and experience. Part time rates are approx. $26.21 to $28.74 per hour. Superannuation will apply in accordance with ATO requirements.
We focus on providing a positive work and learning environment for staff. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To Apply: Please attach your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries should be directed to: Susan Hall, Acting State Manager, on 0425 291 465.
For more information about Aspect go to: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest autism-specific service provider, with one of the biggest autism-specific school programs in the world. A not for profit organisation, we work in partnership with people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families to deliver evidence-informed solutions that are person-centred, family-focused and customer-driven.
Aspect provides a range of school, centre and community based services, focussing on education, diagnostic assessments, early intervention, skills development, community engagement, and self-directed options for people on the autism spectrum.
The Aspect Comprehensive Approach supports our staff to better understand autism, enabling them to develop programs and services that incorporate an individual’s strengths, interests and aspirations to achieve positive outcomes. Representing more than 50 years of research and expertise in autism practice, the Aspect Comprehensive Approach is the governing framework that underpins Aspect’s work, with all staff receiving training in the ACA principles to ensure that our approach to partnering with people on the autism spectrum is consistent throughout the organisation and of high quality.
Meet Fiona Dignan
Principal, Aspect Vern Barnett School
Meet Matthew Oastler
Regional Coordinator, Aspect Choose and Connect
Meet Emma Bracken
Occupational Therapist, Aspect Therapy,